Thursday, September 24, 2009

Paintings From Italy

We are mostly settled into our new place. I'd say we're about 98% settled, and we're settled with the 98%. Lee thinks we're done hanging pictures on the walls...I'll let him think that for about two more weeks.

Hanging pictures always makes me think of three painting I got while we were in Italy 6 years ago. Right outside the Coliseum were a bunch of vendors, and one guy was selling these watercolors of famous Roman sites. Who knows if they were prints or if he actually did them himself, but I liked them, so I bought three small ones.

They need to be framed, and therein lies the real reason that they are still sitting in the paper bag that I brought them home in. Every time we move I find them carefully hidden behind the dresser, where they won't get damaged. I take them out and look at them, and I'm still pleased with my purchase. I just wish I could display them.

I've never taken them to a framing store, because I'm a little afraid of how much it might actually cost. Let's face it, when it comes down to it, framing pictures isn't high up there on the budget agenda. I suppose that would be the first step.

Until those paintings are framed and hung, we'll probably always only be 98% settled.

1 comment:

  1. you should frame them yourself...go out and buy a frame from Hobby Lobby or something like that and just do it yourself. you will save lots of money and you can have them up and done with sooner then later!

    ReplyDelete