Friday, January 29, 2010

On Inspiration

I would say I am an avid reader. I go to the library at least every other week, and I probably check out at least four books at a time. I usually check out at least one book that I've already read. Sometimes that book is a book I've read more than once. I really enjoy reading. I have to read before I go to bed, even if I'm getting to bed late. I need at least 10 minutes of reading in order to relax so I can fall asleep.

But when I read juvenile lit, I want to write. It makes me remember what I loved so much about the books in my childhood. Any book geared toward ages 7 or 8 to teenager makes me believe that I can come up with a great story that some kid will want to check out the library over and over.

I have now successfully completed the coursework for the Institute of Children's Literature. I guess the world is my oyster.

No comments:

Post a Comment