Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, Renewed Energy

I am the kind of person who likes to set goals at the beginning of the year. The new year feels so fresh, I can't help but imagine and plan what I'm going to do and be like. Here are the things I want to do in 2010:

  • Finish my book. I've started a book for 8-12 year olds, and I have the first three chapters done. I'd like to finish it, and go from there.
  • Grow strawberries in my strawberry pot. I tried one year about two years ago. Last summer came and went and I didn't even take the pot out of the garage. This is the year. It might bring me one step closer to my dream of gardening.
  • Plant flowers in my flower pot. It always makes me happy to have petunias growing, and maybe they can keep the strawberries company.
  • Make dessert for my dessert loving husband more often. At least once a week. I never think about it because I didn't really grow up eating dessert every night, but I know his family did. Plus I know I'm not a very good cook, so this might give me an excuse to practice. I think I'll start with rice krispie treats.
  • Potty train my daughter. She's going to be two this year. It might as well start now.
  • Clear out the boxes of office stuff that are sitting in our bedroom. Last year we moved into a place that did not have an office. We have space for our computer, but none for our office things. We thought we would need our stuff so we kept our stuff in boxes piled in our room. Well, clearly we didn't need that much as I thought we did, because those boxes have simply been collecting dust for the past four months.
  • Be honest about my clothes and give away the things I don't wear anymore. I'm a terrible pack rat and have been carting around clothes for years. I guess I thought it would be wasteful to get rid of them, but they are no good to anyone just sitting in my closet. And seriously, I'm NOT going to wear some of them.
  • Put the pictures I have set aside for scrapbooking into photo albums. I have so much scrapbooking stuff. And no desire to scrapbook. Maybe someday I'll be filled with artistic creativity. Maybe not. But at least someone else could look at the pictures if they were in books.
  • Eat fruit every day, and make a real vegetable for dinner every night. I give my daughter fruit every day. I even make a vegetable for her for dinner most nights. But I rarely eat it with her. I should.
  • And of course, blog regularly. I mean here.

Look out, 2010. I have big plans for you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria
    welcome to the Aspiring Writers group! You're husband is lucky; I'm going to tell my boyfriend to add that 'desserts' resolution on his list for me!!
    Swati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria,

    I'm reading this because I found you on Aspiring Writer's Group. I particularly enjoyed your first resolotion. Finish the book. P.S. Rejections don't mean you can't write. It means the editor was having a bad day--trust me. You should check out my site and my blog!

    http://irishstoryplayhouse.com
    http://yovia.com/blogs/confessionsofastoryteller/

    Nice to meet you!

    Irish

    ReplyDelete